What a wonderful Christmas we had celebrating Lydia’s first one and surrounded by family we adore. I’ll post pics from Christmas later, but on the first day of 2011 I am working on my list of resolutions. I love the start of a new year. It’s like a shiny, new pair of shoes (mine are shiny since I got silver, sparkly Toms from my mom and daddy 🙂 They start off so pretty, no scuffs, perfectly formed. But they’re shoes… you’ve got to put them on and wear them out. Yes, the soles will get dirty and some of my perfect shiny sparkles will inevitably fall off. But they were made to be worn. This year was made to be worn too. Each day is an opportunity brimming with possibility and discovery. And that’s why I make resolutions. I want each day to have purpose.
Here are my resolutions (aka goals) for 2011…
- Try a new recipe every week
- Find a consistent way to serve outside of my ministry job
- Run a half-marathon (this is a stretch since I haven’t run consistently since I got pregnant with Lyd but I want to try)
- Set up my Etsy shop
- Give spontaneously and to strangers
- Continue to journal and memorize Scripture
- Savor my time with Lydia each day
- Write on my blog several times a week
- Hopefully, move back to Jackson 🙂
- Write a love letter to Matt each week
- Become a better photographer
- Love people better
Happy New Year!