Um, apparently I had a busy week since my last post was LAST week’s Five for Friday… oops! I can’t even really tell you exactly what all I did this week… but I’m sure it was VERY important! 🙂
1. I’m attempting to make Lydia’s Halloween costume- an owl- because her daddy loves owls. I started working on it tonight, and so far I have the feathers sewn onto her long-sleeve onesie. Next, I have to make the hat (aka eyes and beak). Just in case this doesn’t work out, my sister-in-law is bringing my niece’s outfit from last year 😉
2. I am getting a sinus infection, which is especially not fun because I don’t get to take the good drugs since I’m nursing. So, I will be self-medicating with LOTS of sleep and orange juice this weekend… I like to call it the homeopathic method 😉
3. Lydia is laughing… a real, tiny, melt your heart giggle. The joy that sweet girl brings us is beyond explanation. All I can say is, “Thank you, Lord, for letting us be her parents!”
4. We went to Germantown Commissary tonight for tamales (Matt got BBQ) and caramel cake. 2000 calories later I was one very happy girl.
5. This week was the 5th anniversary of Katrina. This week five years ago, Matt and I were scrambling to move our NOLA wedding to Jackson (which pales in comparison to what many people went through because of Katrina). We had just over eight weeks to do it, and the first two weeks internet and phone lines were down and gas was in scarce supply. Somehow, it all came together perfectly to create the best night of my life. It’s hard to believe we’ll be celebrating our 5th anniversary in just a couple short months. I think we are going to celebrate in NOLA with crawfish poboys and beignets… seems fitting, huh? 🙂